Thursday, March 3, 2011

I'm a blogger now!

O.K.  So I'm going to try this blogging thing.  I'm trying to teach myself how this works, so if any of you see something that I can do better, please let me know.  I love learning new stuff, but I'm a little older than alot of the folks who post blogs, so.......Help me out please!!!

A team of 8 guys from Bethlehem Church in New Jersey has been here this week.  All great guys.  I had the privelege of hosting them for dinner Tuesday night at the church.  They are working on Miss Connie's home in the Central City area of New Orleans doing demo to part of the home and rebuilding a few rooms back to her home.  They are also putting the finishes touches on the staff house in Old Mandeville.  A member of our staff will be moving in soon and as future staff comes to work with the ministry, they will also be staying in the home. 

We've also been blessed this week to have Arnold & Julie back with us as well as George & Sylvia.  We do not have teams next week, so we will spend that time recharging for our spring break season. 

Pray, pray, pray.....there is hopelessness on all levels in the area....homeowners who have been ripped off over & over, teenagers who have no hope and see no way out other than suicide, a backlog of people on our waiting list who need more help than we can imagine, large numbers of volunteers headed our way with the same number of staff....and much, much more.  

This verse was shared with me on Tuesday night from my good friend and fellow staffer, Katie...

                            Isaiah 50:10...   If you are walking in darkness,
                                                      without a ray of light,
                                                     trust in the Lord
                                                       and rely on your God.

May we all rely on the one true and almighty God. 

1 comment: